The Wire

Motivational speaker Rohan Murphy will talk to community Wednesday night at the high school

Back to Article
Back to Article

Courtesy of rohanmurphy.com

Courtesy of rohanmurphy.com

Courtesy of rohanmurphy.com

Fiona Fischer, Editor

On Wednesday, January 9, at 7 p.m., there will be a free assembly for families presented by Rohan Murphy in the high school auditorium.

Murphy started to wrestle his freshman year of high school and even without his legs, which he lost at birth, he pursued a successful career wrestling in high school. According to Rohan Murphy’s website, after high school, he went to Penn State to continue his wrestling career.

Murphy is now a professional motivational speaker whose assemblies include topics like diversity, adversity, and living life to the fullest.

According to the Monroe-Woodbury district page,  the M-W CARES Committee is sponsoring the presentation as part of  their “continued commitment to raising awareness of Compassion, Acceptance, Respect, Empowerment and Success.”

• News

Board of education candidates attend forum to answer student questions

• Motivational speaker Rohan Murphy will talk to community Wednesday night at the high school

News

MWHS goes blue for Autism Awareness

Community News

Blood drive was held in high school in March

News

Monroe-Woodbury seniors read to elementary school students as “Reading Buddies”

News

Spanish class sees Spanish-language play in NYC

• News

Students compete at music festival in early April

News

Students find humanities program a worthwhile experience

Music/Arts

Boston Bound: voice ensemble trip 2019

News

Science research students attend state competition at University at Albany

News

Harlem Wizards game raises funds for the community

We connect students