Monroe-Woodbury hosted a college fair on November 13

Alana Collopy, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, November 13, Monroe-Woodbury High School held its annual college fair. The college fair took place in the large gymnasium of the high school from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

The college fair took place at a later date this year than it had in past years. The college fair had originally been scheduled for Thursday, October 4 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. but had to be rescheduled due to a power outage.

The college fair featured approximately 100 colleges and representatives from the military. The colleges that attended offered students the opportunity to learn about many majors being offered by the colleges.

At the fair, students were able to learn about the clubs and programs offered for each individual college. Seniors were able to speak to representatives from colleges who could potentially be looking over their application.

Many students thought the fair was a beneficial experience. One of these students was Monroe-Woodbury high school senior Caroline Harrington.

“It was beneficial because I was able to approach some of the colleges I am interested in going to next year,” said Harrington.

Harrington was glad she was able to get all of her questions answered.

“It was particularly nice to get to speak to the college admissions representative for SUNY Plattsburgh because that is my top school and I was able to ask an important question for my instant admissions interview the following day,” said Harrington.

One of the opportunities students had at the fair was to speak to representatives from the Marine Corps. One of these students was senior Daneyda Bermeo.  

Bermeo believes that the Marine Corps representatives were well prepared to answer any questions asked.

“The Marines present at the college fair are very informative of how there are many paths you can take, combat or non-combat, taking away the stigma of joining the military and they are easy to talk to,” said Bermeo.