All about the M-Dub TV Morning Show

On+Thursday%2C+January+10%2C+the+staff+of+The+Morning+Show+did+the+morning+announcements+together.+

On Thursday, January 10, the staff of The Morning Show did the morning announcements together.

Madison Green, Contributing Writer

M-DUB TV, also known as The Morning Show, is an entirely student-created show that plays short videos every morning during home room. These videos provide all the morning announcements and the letter day for that today. 

According to The Morning Show Adviser, Mr. Truett, The Morning Show is the third course of the school’s media arts program. Students begin with Media Arts I, a prerequisite for basic video production. Then they take Basic Video Production and following that, students can progress to Advanced Video Production.

“That’s where we learn a lot of the special effects that you see on The Morning Show, green screen and other things like that,” said Mr. Truett. “From there, we take students that are really interested, the best of the best, and they are eligible to take The Morning Show.”

Mr. Truett said that in order to get on to The Morning Show, students need to have at least a 90 in Advanced Video Production.

“The show is filmed, edited, and totally produced by the students,” said Mr. Truett. “Typically a three to four-minute show, we have probably 12 to 15 hours in each and every show between creating the features, the letter days, the station IDs, the anchoring, and all the post-production adding that’s required.”

“[The Morning show] has entertainment value,” said Mr. Truett. “If we didn’t have that, all you have is just the speaker coming on. You have the pledge, you have some announcements, and it’s just easy to tune out.”

“We are always trying new things. Trying things that’ll get our views up. Our show is sent on YouTube every day. So on average if we get 70 views at the end of third period, that’s great!” Mr. Truett said. “Some of our more popular shows end up getting repeated, so our views go up.”

Mr. Truett said that the show is looking for guest anchors. Guest anchors are staff members, including teachers, administrators and others who host the show alongside the students.

“Guest staff anchors are really important to the show because that generates a buzz about it,” said Mr. Truett.  According to Mr. Truett, guest anchors help generate additional views as well.

Mr. Truett said he couldn’t have done all this without the help of Mr. and Ms. Kerstanski.

Many students watch The Morning Show almost every day.

“I love the morning show!” said freshman Brooke Jacobsen. “It’s funny sometimes, and it informs me since my class usually talks over the announcements.”