We connect students

The Wire

We connect students

The Wire

We connect students

The Wire

Legoland Halloween Experience is Fun for Whole Family

Legoland hosted a Halloween Brick or Treat event this year during October.
Alsa Lee-Lin

For regular visitors, Legoland can get kind of boring sometimes, but when you turn the visit into an early Halloween trick-or-treating, it becomes a unique experience that sets it apart from the usual trick-or-treating tradition.

On October 8, my parents decided to bring my 10-year-old sister and I on a quick car ride to Legoland for the Halloween “Brick-or-Treat” event. Located in Goshen, the theme park has an annual event for every weekend during October. The Halloween events are filled with live shows, 4D shows, and, of course, trick-or-treating that are only available during this season.

The moment we walked through the entrance, we were greeted with the Halloween spirit, from the skeleton decorations, to the “Monster Mash” song playing in the background. I watched as little kids ran around in their Halloween costumes, and their parents capturing the moments with a photo. Early trick-or-treating sounded quite interesting, so after the pictures, we set off to collect the candy. 

At the beginning, we walked around, wondering where we could trick-or-treat. On the Legoland website it says, “Grab loads of sweets and treats at trick-or-treating stations, located along dedicated paths.”

We continued down to the lower section of the Legoland lot and stopped when we finally found somebody with a cart full of candy. He gave us each a Legoland printed paper bag filled with handfuls of all kinds of candy. These treats varied from Skittles, Starburst, Smarties, M&M’s, and many more. Excitedly, we set off to find more stations to fill our bags with sweets.

After my little sister went to find some more stations for candy, we stumbled upon a basketball game where you could win a husky plushie larger than a person. There were plenty of other games and prizes that awarded ghost and pumpkin plushies as well! We played many times, but we were not able to win a prize since the hoop was in an irregular shape. Even though we didn’t earn a prize, the experience was still fun and memorable . 

As this day was a sort of last minute idea for the weekend, we only spent a couple of hours at Legoland, planning to come back for a more action-packed experience on the day of Halloween. 

As we drove back to Legoland on October 31, everyone was looking forward to the fun experience, my sister was even dressed in a Hogwarts Hufflepuff robe costume. We pulled into the parking lot and something was slightly off, since we were the only ones there. We sat in the car, full of shock and surprise. Turns out, Legoland was closed for the day.

It was fun being able to enjoy the Halloween experience in a different way than the usual trick-or-treating everybody does, and with all of the available park rides and themed events, we had a memorable experience to look back at.