We connect students

The Wire

We connect students

The Wire

We connect students

The Wire

Freshman Student Council Results

On September 28, 2023, Monroe-Woodbury High School’s freshman class came together to cast their votes in the highly anticipated student council elections. The culmination of weeks of campaigning, election day marked an important moment in the school’s tradition.

The election process was conducted through the class of 2027 Google Classroom page and overseen by Mrs. Matise, freshmen class advisor. Students received a link to a Google Form, allowing them to cast their votes for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Senators. These elected officials are in charge of planning events, and representing the interests of the freshman class.

The winners of the election were, Michael O. Lopez as president, Briana Nikaj as the vice president, Ava Mueller as the secretary, Luke Piggery as the treasurer, Nicolas Ruz and Connor Santaiti as senators.

“I am really looking forward to being the secretary of Monroe-Woodbury freshman class,” said Ava Muller, “I hope to get a lot done and I am grateful for every person who voted for me”.

“I’m glad I got elected to the student government. I hope that the freshman class is happy with what I bring to the table and the stuff we plan,” said Luke Piggery, “I hope that every event we do is amazing and a wonderful experience for everyone who attends.”

The rest of the freshman students were happy to see the election come to a close and expressed satisfaction with the results. However, some students reacted with apathy towards the election.

“Overall I was happy with the results,” said Zan Rahman, a freshman who voted in the election, “Not everyone I voted for won; however, I was still content with the votes.”