We connect students

The Wire

We connect students

The Wire

We connect students

The Wire

National Art Honor Society Members Create Seasonal Art Throughout the Building

Students paint the windows at the Monroe Free Library in 2021 as part of an annual Halloween event.

The National Art Honor Society has recently decided to paint three art pieces each season to provide art students with the opportunity to express their love of art and to encourage school spirit throughout the building.

The National Art Honor Society (NAHS) is an organization at Monroe-Woodbury High School made up of students from all grades who come together to inspire one another and others. Starting in the next few months, the students of this organization will begin painting the windows of the main stairwell to advocate for the arts and uphold school spirit.

The students in this club are given free range when it comes to choosing a theme for the paintings, while still keeping the current season in mind.

This organization gives students the opportunity to use their talents to create art pieces that are then displayed for others to see and admire. Some students even go above and beyond and decide to share their artwork with the public by painting storefronts at the Woodbury Commons.

Joining this community provides students with a positive environment to share their ideas and artwork with each other without feeling excluded.

“I love being able to be around other artists and collaborate and share ideas we have to make our art better,” said Bianca Mangonon, a senior and fourth-year NAHS member.

Painting the windows of the school gives students a safe place to comfortably share their talent with others and feel confident and accomplished.

“After doing it for a while and getting used to the different medium, it becomes a good way to bring up your confidence in showing off your work,” said Brianna Mangonon, a sophomore following in the footsteps of her sister in the NAHS.

These projects not only help students build on their skills as artists but also give other students and staff something to look forward to and enjoy throughout the school year.